Hosting a business event can do wonders for your company’s profile. But with so many to choose from, what type or format is right for you? Should you choose a series of seminars, for instance, or a one-off occasion? What about an informal breakfast, a smart business lunch or an elegant evening soirée?
The following questions will help you narrow down your options and choose the ideal event for your business:
- Decide what you want to get out of the event. First and foremost, you need to define why you’re holding this event, because your underlying aim will inform the rest of your decisions.
- Choose the frequency that best achieves your aim. A one-off event is perfect for celebrating an achievement, saying thank you or launching a new product, service or brand. On the other hand, more frequent or recurring events (such as seminars, networking meetings, and so on) are a good way to deepen client relationships, communicate your company’s expertise or drive internal performance.
- Specify your target audience. Who do you want to attend your event? Is it for employees, current clients, new prospects, local business peers or another group entirely?
- Think about what interests your audience. Are they more likely to enjoy an informal do? Would they appreciate something wild and imaginative, like a group steel drum lesson? Are they a competitive bunch who’d relish a sports day or quiz evening? Or is a formal programme more appropriate for your attendees?
- Consider when and where your audience would be able to attend. For example, are evenings a no-no for your audience? Or, if people are travelling far, is an early breakfast meeting really achievable?
- Agree maximum guest numbers. Because this will also impact the type of event and where it’s held. An informal breakfast is a tad ambitious if you’re bringing together your 100-strong sales force!
- Define what you want your audience to learn or take away from the event. This will inform your specific itinerary/programme for the event. Whether it’s an educational forum or a black-tie dinner, you want every aspect of the event to communicate a clear message to your audience.
From seminars to sports days, one-offs to weeklies, OCTOPUS has the event management expertise you need. Talk to us about your goals and we’ll help you plan the perfect business event.