Marketing is all about getting noticed by the right people at the right time. But, as one of our clients found, getting your business seen and heard can be a real challenge when you don’t have a dedicated in-house marketing resource.
That’s where we came in…
Setting the scene
The client, an award-winning chartered certified accountancy firm based in Hampshire, was looking for a fully outsourced marketing function to help raise the company’s profile. In particular, they were keen to overcome the perception of accountants as boring, uncreative and all about numbers.
Our brief was to create a suite of marketing campaigns that would get this friendly, people-oriented accountancy firm noticed.
Hitting the ground running
After getting to know the client and their goals, we set out to define, drive and deliver a comprehensive range of marketing campaigns. These included:
- Creating beautiful branding imagery of the Hampshire countryside, reflecting the client’s strong ties to their community.
- Building – from scratch – an active presence on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, and posting regular updates on these platforms. (Previously, the client had no social media presence whatsoever.)
- Identifying and contacting priority prospects on LinkedIn to engage them with the client’s service.
- Sending a monthly emailer, giving trusted guidance, hints and tips for business owners.
- Writing engaging articles for the company’s website and social media outreach.
- Reviewing their website and recommending high-impact, affordable improvements.
- Setting up and promoting weekly webinars to support businesses throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
We love working with this client because they’re enthusiastic and open to new ideas. So, although we provide an outsourced marketing function, it really feels like we’re a natural extension of the in-house team.
As for the client, they’re delighted with the positive results achieved so far. In particular:
- The eye-catching Hampshire imagery attracts a lot of attention.
- Our monthly emailer has open and click-through rates that are way above average.
- The social media outreach is generating strong leads – one particular prospect (which came via LinkedIn) would secure a very large injection of revenue.
Going forward, as well as managing ongoing marketing campaigns, we’ll be helping the client develop courses, workshops, case studies and new service packages.
We can help get your business noticed, too. Chat to OCTOPUS about outsourcing your marketing.