We can’t deny summertime is the perfect opportunity to take some time off, go on holiday, enjoy time with family and friends and generally enjoy ourselves. But does that mean your company’s marketing efforts also ‘take a break’? No.
Marketing is all about having a consistent presence in order to promote your product or service and keep your pipeline funnel fed with prospects. But whilst you’re enjoying a well-earned rest and time away from your business (essential for every business owner), how do you keep your marketing activity sizzlin’ (excuse the BBQ pun!)?
Here are our ideas for planning ahead:
- Automate your social media updates using a scheduling tool such as Hubspot or Hootsuite
- Create content for your blogs a month in advance, using your content management system to automatically publish on a specific date
- Arrange telephone and email cover so that important messages and actions are passed on to you
- Create an email campaign that keeps you at the forefront of the recipient’s mind for the product or service you deliver
- Delegate important tasks to another team member or temporary help so that your clients have a contact they can liaise with in your absence
- Make sure your website is up to date with relevant content and lead generation magnets
- Send 50 postcards per month – manageable before your holiday, and soon thereafter.
With these low-cost, yet valuable, marketing ideas your business will maintain its marketing efforts even when you’re not there to manage it. If you’d like to have a chat about implementing these seven points, get in touch for an informal chat.
So, all that’s left is for you to enjoy your holiday!